...measures the rate at which your body burns calories at rest. During a metabolic assessment in a fasted state, you are provided a basal metabolic rate (BMR) which is unique to you.
Why is metabolic assessment important?
- By measuring your BMR, we obtain a number that is unique to you.
- BMR includes your oxygen in and carbon dioxide out = VO2
- As an athlete, VO2 measure provides your current level of fitness
- BMR also provides a base that we utilize to build calorie intake
- Resting energy expenditure (REE) is the next factor we compute
- REE tells us what your body needs for fuel in a resting state after waking
- As a practice, most athletes tracking calories are UNDEREATING
- Metabolic assessment provides that "unique to you" number so that you can properly fuel your body for daily life and daily workouts
We use Breezing Mobile Indirect Calorimetry device to measure BMR.
Breezing was developed by scientists under the direction of founder Dr. Erica Forzani, at Arizona State University (ASU). A collaboration between the Breezing group and the developer of the most widely used caloric calculation, Mifflin St. Jeor, Dr. St. Jeor is where a mobile testing process along with a certification process known as The Black Bag (TM) was born!
Jill Mongene, RD, LDN is one of THREE initial practitioners Certified in Mobile Indirect Calorimeter and The Black Bag (TM) by ASU and Dr. St. Jeor.
If you were getting ready to set out to attain a goal, wouldn't you want your calorie numbers to be based on YOU and SCIENCE? Under-eating is no fun. Trust me! As an athlete, I did it for years.
Metabolic Assessment – The Black Bag (TM)
Includes the following testing:
- Basal metabolic rate
- Fasting glucose
- Blood Pressure
- Segmental body fat and muscle content
- Grip Strength
After the test, a spreadsheet is provided with health markers documented for the participant.
Metabolic Assessment can only be performed in person. Therefore, travel time may be added to the cost of your assessment. Geographic area includes Nashville and Cookeville, TN and Charlotte, NC. Other areas should be discussed prior to booking an appointment.
Packages for testing area available:
- One test added to any other service $50.00
- One test $100.00
- Two tests, 6 months apart $150.00
- Three tests, one per quarter $180.00
- Four tests used in a 12 month period $200.00
*All consecutive tests performed on same individual. Not transferable*